7912 is a negative 12V Voltage Regulator that restricts the voltage output to -12V and draws -12V regulated power supply. The 7912 is the most common, as its regulated -12 volt supply provides a convenient power source for most TTL components.
7912 is a series of 79XX negative voltage regulators (as known as L79xx, LM79xx, MC79xx...), the xx is replaced with two digits, indicating the output voltage (for example, the 7905 has a negative 5-volts output, while the 7912 produces negative 12-volts).
- Circuits requiring steady -12v supply
- Protection for devices having specific voltage sensitivity
- DIY projects requiring specific voltage from an existing higher/ varying voltage supply
- Fixed negative 12V voltage regulators
- 4% tolerance on preset output voltage.
- Thermal overload protection
- Short circuit protection
- Output transition SOA protection
- Heatsink is required *
- Output Type: Fixed
- Output Voltage: -12V dC
- Current Output: up to 1.5A
- Input Voltage: -14.5 to -35VDC
- Dropout Voltage (Max): 1.4 V @ 1A
- Category: Linear Voltage Regulators - Standard
- Polarity: Negative
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +125°C
- Mounting Style: Through Hole
- Pin Spacing Pitch: 2.54mm
- Hole Diameter: 3.8mm
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 4.6 x 9.15mm