The TIP122 is a Darlington pair NPN transistor. It functions like a normal NPN transistor, but since it has a Darlington pair inside it has a good collector current rating of about 5A and a gain of about 1000. It can also withstand about 100V across its collector- Emitter hence can be used to drive heavy loads.
- Driver Modules like Relay Driver, LED driver etc..
- Amplifier modules like Audio amplifiers, signal Amplifier etc..
- Darlington pair
- Sensor Circuits
- Audio Preamp circuits
- Audio Amplifier Stages
- Switching Loads under 5A
- Transistor Darlington Pairs
- Radio Frequency Circuits
- Package Type: TO-220
- Transistor Type: NPN
- Max Collector Current(IC): 5A
- Max Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 100V
- Max Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 100V
- Max Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5V
- Max Collector Dissipation (Pc): 65 Watt
- Minimum & Maximum DC Current Gain (hFE): 1000
- Max Storage & Operating temperature: -65 to +150 Centigrade
Related / Replacement NPN
- 2N2222, 2N3904, 2N4401, BC337, BC547, BC549, BC636, BC639, 2N2369, 2N3055, 2N3904, 2N3906, 2SC5200
(Pin configuration of some transistors are different from BC547, check pin configuration before replacing in a circuit)
Same Family Transistors
How to Safely Long Run in a Circuit
To get better performance with this darlingtion transistor we suggest to always staying below its maximum ratings. Do not operate it in circuits using more than 100V. Do not provide load more than 5A. Always use a suitable base resistor to provide required current at its base. Use a suitable heatsink to save it from overheating and do store or use it in temperature below -65 centigrade and above +150 centigrade.