The TCRT5000 is a reflective sensor that includes an infrared emitter and phototransistor in a leaded package which blocks visible light. The package includes two mounting clips. This sensor is often used for line follower robots.
- Detector type: phototransistor
- Peak operating distance: 2.5 mm
- Operating Range within > 20 % relative collector current: 0.2 mm to 15 mm
- Typical output current under test: IC = 1 mA
- Power Dissipation: 200 mW
- Daylight blocking filter
- Emitter wavelength: 950 nm
- Lead (Pb)-free soldering released
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 5.8 x 7mm
- Position sensor for shaft encoder
- Detection of reflective material such as paper, IBM cards, magnetic tapes etc.
- Limit switch for mechanical motions in VCR
- General purpose - wherever the space is limited