This is the XBee XB24-CZ7WIT-004 module from Digi. Series 2 improves on the power output and data protocol. Series 2 modules allow you to create complex mesh networks based on the XBee ZB ZigBee mesh firmware. These modules allow a very reliable and simple communication between microcontrollers, computers, systems, really anything with a serial port! Point to point and multi-point networks are supported.
These are essentially the same hardware as the older Series 2.5, but have updated firmware. They will work with Series 2.5 modules if you update the firmware through X-CTU.
Note: If you are looking for a simple point-to-point configuration, you might want to try the Series 1 instead. The Series 2 requires considerable setup and configuration.
Note: Series 1 and Series 2 XBee modules have the same pin-out. However, Series 1 modules cannot communicate with Series 2 modules.
- Integrated, Wire Antenna
- Interoperable with other ZigBee-compliant devices
- Programmable versions with on-board microprocessor enable custom ZigBee application development
- Supports binding and multicasting for easy integration into a home automation platform
- Through-hole form factor enables flexible design
- 15 general-purpose I/O lines
- Industry-leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over the air
- Protocol: Zigbee®
- RF Standard: 802.15.4
- Frequency (ISM Band): 2.4GHz
- Digital I/O: 15
- ADC Channels: (4) 10-bit ADC inputs
- Data Rate: RF 250 Kbps, Serial up to 1 Mbps
- Range: Indoor 200 ft (60 m), Outdoor (LOS) 4000 ft (1200 m)
- Transmit Power: 3.1 mW (+5 dBm)
- Channels: 16 channels
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Voltage requirements: 2.1 to 3.6 VDC
- Current requirements: ~33 mA @ 3.3VDC (transmit), ~28 mA @ 3.3VDC (receive), <1 uA @25ºC (sleep)
- Communication: CMOS UART / SPI @ ~3.3V
- Dimensions: 1.087" L x 0.960" W x 0.16" H (27.61 x 24.38 x 4.06 mm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)