Thermistor is an electronic component used to calculate the temperature.This is a type of resistor whose resistance varies with change in temperature. These NTC thermistors are made up from the combination of metal oxides which passed through sintering process which gives negative electrical resistance versus temperature (R/T) relationship to it. Due to having a large negative slope a small change in temperature cause a huge change in electrical resistance.
Basically, there are two types of thermistor one is NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) and second one is PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient). If the thermistor is NTC type then it decreases the resistance as increase in temperature and PTC behavior is just opposite to the NTC. A thermistor is connected with any electrical circuit to measure the temperature of the body or the substance. This thermistor’s operating temperature range is -55 °C to 125 °C, the range of the temperature is depend upon the base resistance.
- Domestic application – Fridges, freezers, cookers and deep-fat fryers etc.
- Industrial, Telecommunication application - Process control, heating and ventilation, air conditioning, fire alarms, temperature protection in battery management/charging systems, Video and audio equipment, mobile phones and camcorders etc.
- Automotive application - Inlet air-temperature control, engine temperature control, airbag electronic systems etc.
- Thermistor can be used for temperature compensation, temperature measurement, temperature controlling.
- Come with broad resistance range
- Thermistor cost is economical
- Provided with lacquer-coated thermistor disk
- Copper leads have coating of tin
- Having lead spacing of 5.0 mm
- Component remarked with resistance and tolerance
- Good stability, durability in environment
- Provide high accuracy in resistance and B-constant
- Product is not containing lead
- Resistance at 25 degrees C: 10K +- 1%
- B-value (material constant) = 3950+- 1%
- Dissipation factor (loss-rate of energy of a mode of oscillation) δ th = (in air)approx.7.5mW/K
- Thermal cooling time constant <= (in air) 20 seconds
- Thermistor temperature range -55 °C to 125 °C