RS485 to TTL Module (supporting EIA-485 standard) is for long range, high data rate error prone differential communication. Digital communications networks implementing the EIA-485 standard can be used effectively over long distances and in electrically noisy environments. Multiple receivers may be connected to such a network in a linear, multi-drop configuration. These characteristics make such networks useful in industrial environments and similar applications.
- Features MAX485 chipset
- Working Voltage: 5V
- 5.08mm (0.2″) pitch, 2-pin terminals for RS-485 easy communication and wiring
- 4-pin 2.54mm (0.1″) pitch headers for RS485 and Power
- 4-pin 2.54mm (0.1″) pitch headers for DI,DE,RE,RD signals
- PCB Board Size: 44 x 14mm
- Multi-drop wired communication System, requiring multiple nodes needing to talk to each other.
- Long distance error prone wired communication
- High data rate wired communication
This IC will take RS232 signals and perform the voltage level conversions required to turn them into 485 signals.
- RO - Receiver out
- RE - Receiver enable (enabled when this pin is LOW)
- DE - Driver enable (enabled when this pin is HIGH)
- DI - Driver in (the transmitter pin)
- GND - Ground (0V)
- A - Connect to pin A of the other 485 IC
- B - Connect to pin B of the other 485 IC
- Vcc - Power, in my case +5V
How to use with Arduino: